We currently have 16 chickens, 14 or 15 hens and 1 or 2 roosters. The second rooster is still up for debate. We are patiently waiting for eggs... OK, maybe the patient part was a lie, but still, they aren't here yet and I am waiting.... any day now... gotta be. I will try to get pictures of the chickens up. I haven't been good with the camera lately, like you would have no idea that we have been swamped this summer with trips because I have no proof... no pictures. Like you already know, I suck.
The chickens are basically full grown and the rooster is a mean booger who is going to be dinner once our killing cone gets shipped. I had no intentions of killing our own, but I recently found out that our local hatchery's owner passed away and the family is selling it. Trying to have a good attitude about having to have a blood bath on our property. ugh.
Anyway, so easily distracted... the chicken coop and run. I had intended on calling it the Banty Shanty, but the kids keep freaking out when I call it that and refer to it as "the Chicken House". Real original, huh? So, I guess we have a Chicken House housed with, you guessed it, chickens.
There is a picture in here of Scooter, the rooster. He is black and white. Mean. Plump. You get the gist. He's standing by the pop hole door. Not sure where the picture will be. I am sure you can find it... That's another thing. It keeps changing fonts on me in the middle of typing. No wonder I don't blog more. Good golly.
Anywho, on the back side by the feeders is where the entrance to the peafowl shack will soon be. Because I am that crazy. So that is my blog for today. Taking bets on how long it will take me to post again. Not that I don't have it rigged or anything.
No comments:
Post a Comment