Not to clump everybody we have interacted with into one type, there have been some very generous people out there who are even giving their stuff to us for free. We are very grateful. We are very blessed, and relieved that we won't go broke trying to lay a few eggs.

Something else that didn't make it into consideration would be just how hard it would be to build with recycled material and still meet the "cute" factor. A cute factor purely set by Kate. If Jeff had his way the thing would be an overbuilt cardboard box, all in good jest. I hesitate to show you a picture of what we are going to do, because it is obviously made of new material and ours will, more likely than not, have a considerably lower "cute" factor.
So, if you know anyone who wants to get rid of some materials please let us know. I feel like I am kicking a dead horse with this, but the squeaky wheel gets the oil.
On an adorable note, we have asked Bren and Isaac what they wanted to name their chickens. We received the names "Hannah" by Bren and "Meat" by Ikee. Couldn't help but to chuckle.
How did I miss this post?? I love that you guys are making your coop out of 50% recycled materials, that rocks. I CANT wait to finally see this thing! How cute that Bren wanted to name a chicken Hannah! And, Ikee is hilarious to say meat.
ReplyDelete