So I have come to realization lately that I am a sports fanatic. I know, rather stupid coming from the queen of clutziness and lack any and all hand-eye coordination. But this can not stop me from watching other talented people play sports! You see, I am even getting excited just thinking about it. When LeBron James announced who he was going to play with, we waited all day, of course...all ears. Last night, Jeff and I discussed who we planned on drafting for our fantasy football teams...of course, first on my list was Tebow...but I digress. I choose the players based on the "hotness" factor and their personality/faith, hence why Tebow ranks up there, while Jeff of course has bit more analytical approach. The same during March Madness, our favorite time of the year, where we fill out our brackets, me by which mascot could beat which mascot and Jeff by "did he play for Coach K?" Which I will mention is our favorite coach in the whole wide world... Say it with me...Coach K, Coach K. Nice ring, isn't it? I swear, someday for Jeff's birthday I am going to take him to Duke so that he can meet Coach K. I will be super wife!
I am also in the realization that I may be one of the only girls to admit this...I know there are others of you out there. There has to be. I can't be the only girl whose most visited site is ESPN.com. And recently I have been clued into the fact that their is espn radio...did you know this??? This could change my whole day. Instead of my children singing praise songs they might start humming chants to Tebow :) (don't worry, I only listen when they sleep).
And to top it all, I am now coming to terms with the fact that I am also a wee bit competitive. I say this as, yes pathetically, a friend of mine asked what I was entering into the fair this year and the first thought that came to my mind was "I can't tell her, what if she makes the same thing? Then I will have to up it a notch. I don't have the time to up it a notch, it's the stupid fair." Don't worry, I told her. It took some calming of the competitive nature, but i did tell her.
And to even top all of the above, I just did an entire blog post about this. **sigh**
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeletere-writting first comment:)
ReplyDeleteI totally asked you what you were making because Im crazy competitive!
I love playing sports but cant get into watching them on TV. But I really want to, Tim would love it if I could carry on a real conversation about sports other than who their celeb girlfriend is:)
Oh, don't get me wrong Erin. I love playing sports too, it's just that nobody loves playing sports with me. all goes back to that hand eye coordination thing :)
ReplyDeleteKate, don't be ashamed to admit this, fly your sports loving flag proudly, just don't expect me to ever know what you're talking about :) I can't even think about playing sports with out breaking out into a full fledged panic attack. If I wasn't so fearul of failing, I may have actually learned to play something! I can, however, totally follow football and know what everything means :)
ReplyDeleteFantasy football!!! Start recruiting some friends to fill in the gaps. We need 12 people to make a league. Super excited about it again this year. I am going to start researching my players soon. (such a nerd)
ReplyDeleteKate this post was fun to read! I love Coach K ever since Christian Laettner (Remember him??) played for him back in the 90's. Tim Tebow is my idol, I would totally marry him if I was younger and skinnier and not already madly in love with my husband:). I too watch ESPN all the time (only because Dave does but that still counts!). So anytime you want to talk sports I am in! Keep writing please, you are good at this. Football season is upon us, LOVE IT!
ReplyDelete